Acidity or commonly known as Gastritis is a stomach discomfort as a result the swelling and irritation of the stomach membranes while colitis is the swelling of the colon membranes. A gastric ulcer is a wound in the stomach walls or in them small intestine. Having experienced Acidity at one point in my life i know how you feel, wondering whatmpt you have just eaten to cause this discomfort. Here below are the symptoms of Acidity:-
- Burning sensation and discomfort
- Incase of an ulcer a discomfort or pain is felt in the pit of the stomach
- Intake alcohol or hot peppers the pain will increase two or three hours later
- For severe ulcers an acidic vomiting or bleeding can occur (excrement maybe black in colour from the blood in it)
Causes of Acidity: Foods or drinks to avoid:
Excess alcohol and coffee, fried and spicy food and excessive stress. When gastritis persists it causes gastric ulcers. It is also caused principally in duodenum by an infection due to bacteria Helicobacter pylon. However through home remedies there ways to control Acidity problem that can help you be at ease.
Home Remedies to Relieve Acidity in Kenya
Common tendency is to rush for the antiacid which gives temporary relief at the same time causing lack of nutrient aborsption and sometimes after intake for too long iminate other health problems. There are suggested treatment or home remedies that you can try:-
- Drinking 2-3 glasses of warm water first thing in the morning to flush of toxins and keeps you fresh all day. The other is to drink lots of warm water after meals which helps flush excess stomach acid.
- Eliminate spices, hot peppers (chili), alcohol and coffee, fried and other irritating foods as well as aspirin
- The following foods are recommended:- milk, cream, cheese, oatmeal and bananas. Some bland foods like hard boiled eggs, boiled potatoes and pasta. Eat several small meals instead of few large meals.
- Taking pure Aloe veral gel -antiflammatory, pain inhibitor, antibiotic etc; Bee propolis -natural antibiotic and kills bacteria and virus; Betacarotene with vitamin E power antioxidant; Alfafa and fresh produce – has high alkaline and fibre content (All are highly recommended
- Eat food high in fibre oat and veggies (spinach eat lots of steamed spinach is good but avoid kale/sukuma wiki)
- Eat low fat die
NB: If the excrement is bloody it can be dangerous. WARNING: consult your doctor.
In conclusion you need to take control of your eating habits and with the recommended home remedies you will be able to control and many cases get rid of Acidity.