What a dilemma when you wake up one morning and there are a number of pimples or preferably known as Acne which seem not to go away unless you use some face powder which is temporary solution, so what do you do?
Symptoms of Acne
In medical terms acne is a small pocket of infected oil in the skin, produced by sebaceous glands located in the chromium of the skin which open into hair follicles. It usually occurs on the face and other times on the chest, arms or the back. For ladies it maybe that time of the month so this maybe as result of hormonal changes in the body.
What are the Causes of Acne?
Ever wondered possible cause of acne, the answer this will come to shortly. According to research, 70-80% of the world population develop acne at some point their lives between the commencement of puberty i.e. 12- upwards to 25years. The following are the cause of Acne:-
- The production of the hormone testosterone in men as well as women (although, its greater in men), causes the sebaceous glands to grow, producing more oil. The skin cells near the pore produce keratin. When these blocks the pore it causes a blackhead. When the pore is plugged up due to this substance, bacteria begins to accumulate and grow. This inflames the area and form a pimple or acne.
- In severe cases which is known as inflammatory acne may cause deep pitting scars and cystic acne, which can only be removed by dermatologist or laser therapy.
How to treat Acne Naturally
Before acne can be treated naturally to go for a thorough checkup with a dermatologist checking for symptoms, a medical examination done and sometimes an allergy test maybe performed
Here Below are suggested treatment daily:-
- Washing your face with a balanced pH liquid soap every day morning and night to remove the oil. Dry your face with a paper towel, so that the skin is not contaminated again
- Apply propolis cream with aloe Vera (contact us) women may apply their makeup over propolis cream / i use aloe vera gelly which as good
- It is good idea to clean the skin deeply with a cleansing facial mask two times a week, which will remove the dirt and oil from the deeper layers of the skin
- Take beta-carotene
- It is advisable to use an exfoliating cream periodically, wash your face with neutral liquid soap. Also apply a facial mask with retinol and fruit acids base to slowly correct or mend damaged skin
- Take a natural antibiotic like bee propolis until the infection diminishes
- Acne requires treatment lasting 4 to 6 months
- In addition it is suggested to eliminate as much sugar and flour as possible as well as fried foods, butter, chocolate and whole milk
- Increase the consumption of fibre as well as yoghurt which cleans the stomach and intestine
- Avoid the use of greasy creams or cosmetics
- Avoid oral contraceptives and drugs. Take minerals like chromium, selenium or zinc which helps in the activity of hormones
- Avoid soaps that contain sulfides, iodine, bromides or oil
- Important supplements include bee propolis, garlic thyme, the above minerals, beta carotene and vitamin E & C
Home remedies treatment of acne:
- Mix 3 tablespoon of honey, 1 spoon of cinnamon powder and mix them thorougly and prepare the paste, then apply to the acne-affected areas daily before going to bed and wash in the morning with warm water (2weeks)
- mix lemon juice and cinammon in equal amounts or instead of cinammon replace with groundnut oil;
- mixture of cucumber and tomato juice will help tighten the skin pores