How do you know you have Asthma or your someone you know has it? Asthma by definition is an illness characterized by episodes of breathing difficulty accompanied with the sensation of suffocating due to the restricted respiratory tract inside the lungs. It also causes frequent violent cough as the body tries to remove the mucous accumulated in the lungs.
What to know about Asthma
Constriction of Respiratory tract is caused by 3 main factors:-
- There is accumulation of mucous in the bronchial tube
- Inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tube
- Bronchial muscle next to each tube contracts causing a stifling or spasm and the inability to breath deeply and easily narrowing the air passages
- Asthma occurs in all age groups and below find suggested Asthma treatment.
Tightness in the chest, cough and periodic bouts with breathing difficulty. In more serious cases inhalers and extra oxygen are necessary to assist breathing
Causes of Asthma
The following are causes of asthma:-
- Air pollution
- Respiratory infections
- Weight gain
- Anxiety producing spasms
Suggested Asthma Treatment
- Maintain a relaxed family and work environment because stress and emotional tension play an important role in asthma (relaxation is important)
- Stay in well-ventilated areas. Drink lots of fluids because this helps to loosen mucous in the lungs
- Put hot water in container and add a table spoon of hot Aloe Vera Lotion with eucalyptus (Heat Lotion available contact us for more information). Cover your head and container with a towel, and breathe in the vapors – open air waves
- In addition it is suggested to make a mixture of the Heat lotion with Aloe vera gel and aloe Vera extract activate (also available with us). Rub it on the chest and back (Aloe Vera eases inflammation and helps the eucalyptus to penetrate, which is a great bronchodilator)
- Add honey to Aloe Vera gel and drink (Aloe Vera is an anti-allergenic)
- Take Bee propolis for preventing and eliminating any lung infections
- Ginkgo Biloba help open up and allow the passage oxygen
- Slow deep breathing is very beneficial and should be practiced along with relaxation exercises
- Exercise is very important, as better way to maintain adequate weight e.g. outdoor exercise especially swimming which helps children and young people to strengthen the muscles of the rib cage and oxygenate the lungs
- Nutritional Supplements for asthma:- Vitamin C, Garlic, Bee Propolis, Aloe Vera gel and Beta Carotene(Vitamin A + E)
Asthma: Also vital to monitor your nutrition:- You maybe allergic to certain foods therefore eliminate them from your diet e.g. dairy products .
Warning: If you experience difficulties in breathing more and more frequently even with oxygen inhaler consult your doctor. It is recommended that asthmatic person not take aspirin because you maybe allergic to it. With above tips and you will maintain a healthy life free and say goodbye to Asthma.