You are what you eat hence Eating Well a healthy diet is integral part of achieving and maintaining Health Living. Knowing what to eat is important, you will discover which fruits and vegetables are at the top in promoting Healthy Living as you balance Carbs, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals and fibre.
Tips to Eating Well
The following are tips to Eating Well:-
- Eat Variety
In order to enjoy eating you need to spice things a little by stimulating your taste buds with wide range of coloured fruits, vegetables, grains, beans and legumes. Reasons for rising cases of people being obese, tired and unfit is due to eating dull-looking foods. The more colours the better. Have you wondered how someone can loose their appetite soo fast after looking at what’s being served! Foods that are colourful usually happen to be rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre which are all healthy components of Healthy Living.
The following is a colour food guide:-
1) Red – foods rich in red include tomatoes, grapefruit, beetroot, strawberries watermelon and guava. Research shows there is phytochemical fruits such as cranberries and red raspberries are very helpful in reducing the risk of certain cancers. Peppers and red grapes are powerful antioxidants and immune system stimulants
2) Yellow and Orange – fruits and vegetables rich in yellow-orange colour such as sweet potatoes, carrots, mangoes and squash promote a healthy heart. Many citrus fruits are in this colour category such as oranges which not only are immune booster from Vitamin C but help prevent heart attacks and strokes decreasing blood platelet stickness. Carrots on the other hand with the bright orange contain beta-carotene a substance that the body converts into Vitamin A.
3) Blues and Purples – fruits such as blueberries and blackberries are top antioxidants foods since they eliminate more free radicals that help prevent heart attacks and strokes than any other fruits and vegetables.
4) Greens– Dark green vegetables have disease fighting agents the Greens include as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, spinach and kale which contain power cancer-preventive compounds
Eating Well: Building Blocks
In order for you to have energy you need to balance Carbohydrates, protein and fat. Carbohydrates are very important as they help in maintaining normal weight. For healthy living you need to:-
- Take advantage of power carbs -eat unrefined complex carbohydrates from fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans and legumes daily.
- Balance Carbohydrates, Proteins and Fat by:
– Minimal intake of proteins so we should not eat too much proteins, recommended protein for women is 50grams and 60grams for men per day (High protein intake may cause gout, arthritis and heart-related illnesses
– Fats are essential to good health – food rich in fish oil and omega-3 fatty acids known as monunsaturated fats are considered the heart healthliest fats which decrease cholesterol and help encourage weight loss
Eating Well Healthy Lifestyle
With todays food variety you have soo much to gain than to lose with the above guideline. Find freedom now and begin your journey to having a healthy lifestyle by Eating Well.