Are you a victim to fewer bowel movements then the following article will demystify what passing hard stool is and How to get rid of Constipation?
How to get rid of Constipation
Constipation is very common for adults, children and especially in Pregnancy (occurs in early weeks and towards the end). Having been a victim and my children it wasn’t easy speaking about let alone addressing it since it is seem to be common sense issue. What do I mean common sense? Let’s look at it comprehensively one being eating a High- Fibre diet.
Let’s first define what is Constipation? Constipation is the difficulty to defecate due to intestinal constipation or passing hard stool.
So you think its automatic for most people to religiously eat daily fresh fruits and vegetables and lots of water instead of crispy fast foods e.g. chips, sausages, burgers, cakes, carbonated drinks and pack for their children these kinds of foods in the name of its convenient. After all these junk foods, the digestive system gets decongested and following symptoms of constipation are experienced.
How to get rid of Constipation: Symptoms:-
A desire to defecate, pain and intestinal discomfort, swelling in the abdomen, cramps and colic’s; in some cases up to several days without being able to defecate with grave harm and body positioning.
Constipation is one of the main causes of Hemorrhoids and appendicitis, as well as acne and general intoxification of the body.
Causes: – It is mainly caused by:
- A lack of fibre in the diet
- A lack of fruits and vegetables
- A lack of water
- A lack of exercise
- Pregnancy, stress and anxiety are other causes of constipation
A Lack of fibre in the diet may cause:-
- Obesity, Gout, Diabetes, kidney and gall bladder stones
- Arterial hypertension, vascular-cerebral problems, varicose veins, pulmonary embolism
- Appendicitis, intestinal constipation, diverticulum, hemorrhoids, colon cancer and colon ulcers
- Tooth decay, pernicious anemia, multiple sclerosis
- Be sure to get plenty of whole grain carbohydrates, specifically unprocessed wheat bran, fresh fruits and leafy vegetables a must and to drink adequate water 2 glasses before and after every meal and snack (To discipline yourself to drink water fill a 2 litre bottle and have it around you to make sure you it’s gone by bedtime – essence drink throughout the day
- Also exercise especially walking on a daily basis will help keep the digestive tract moving – just a 15 minute walk each day will do a world good/Exercise before going to bed
- Health Goal: laxatives are not healthy way to get rid of anything, fibre, water and exercise are
- In case of severe constipation it will be necessary to administer an enema containing glcerine and other lubricating products
- Aloe Vera gel locally available drink 3 table spoonfuls (contact us for more information) helps detoxify
- Eat plenty of food with high fibre content or sprinkle some bran on meals. Eat one carrot a day
How to get rid of Constipation: Suggested Treatment
Lastly constipation is a treatable hence if you are showing signs then it’s recommended that you take drastic measures by changing your lifestyle and if in doubt get in touch but reflect on the above recommended tips on How to get rid of Constipation.